Sunday, October 23, 2011

Butt Kicker Workout - Melissa Bender Fitness

Hello Everyone,
Today’s workout is the Butt Kicker Workout. When you watch the video you will see why! I had a lot of fun doing this workout and after the Terrific Tummy Toner workout the other day it felt great to get off of my arms, and focus on my legs, butt, core and back.
Yesterday, someone very close to me told me that they would never be able to do my workouts. They said that the workouts are too hard. My response was that if you can even do one or two of each exercise to start that is enough. It doesn’t matter what level of fitness or what shape you are in now. If you decide to change that for the better you can do it! If you’ve overcome a challenge, or have a fear about working out that you would like to share post it below in the comments.
Also, the number of reps below is a guide for you. If 15 is too much then push yourself as hard as you can go with each repetition. As long as you are challenging yourself you are getting a great workout. Just make sure that if you start out with one rep of each exercise this week, next week you are going for 2 reps of each. Just like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. I’m sure you work hard for a LOT of things in life (work, school, family, etc.) Take a moment to remember that YOU are worth working hard for.
Let me know what you think of the workout, and if you have any thoughts on what I have written.
Until next time,
Melissa

“I've always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you've got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish.” -Chuck Norris





For all of these exercises (unless otherwise noted below) reps are as follows:
Beginner: 15 reps
Intermediate: 20 reps
Advanced: 25 reps
1.       Forward Lunge Kicks (right)
-Remember, front knee never goes past your toes. Front thigh should come parallel with the ground. Back knee should be almost touching the floor, but not quite. Form is far more important than speed or how high you can kick.
2.       Forward Lunge Kicks (left)
3.       Side lunge with Kick (right)
4.       Side Lunge with Kick (left)
5.       Roundhouse Kick with chair (right)
6.       Roundhouse Kick with chair (left)
7.       One leg squats with chair (right)
8.       One leg squats with chair (left)
9.       Ab roll on ball
-If you are doing Plank Pose as an alternative to this position hold the position for 30 seconds if you are a beginner, 45 intermediate, and 1 minute if you are advanced. Take a break in between and repeat this 3 times.
10.   3 way sit-ups on ball
-One rep consists of all three movements (right, middle, left). If you watch me in the video I turned it into a 4 movement series (right, middle, left, middle=1 rep). The flow of these 4 movements felt more natural to me. Try both and see which works for you.
11.   Leg Circles (right)
-Remember, switch the direction you are circling your foot half way through the reps.
12.   Leg Circles (left)
13.   Angel’s abs
-Start by dropping your knees to the left, go around, and up to the right, back down and around to starting position for one rep.
14.   Super swim
-Beginner: Do this movement for three 30 second intervals (with a rest in between each rep)
-Intermediate: Do this movement for three 45 second intervals
-Advanced: Do this movement for three 1 minute intervals
15.   Back sit ups

5 comments:

  1. Great workout and motivation. Gambit loves the spotlight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rose! I hope you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome workout Melissa! I could really feel it working my muscles and I enjoyed the workout as well, better than the other workouts I've tried on youtube. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!I'm really glad you liked it. :) I will definitely keep posting and sharing. There will be a new workout tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a long weekend away without opportunity to work out, my body was happy to be back. :) I had a hard time figuring out the chair squats. I couldn't do the angel's abs either, so I did Russian twists instead! I feel good, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete