Monday, October 7, 2013

Tone That Tush! Quick Home Workout



Beginner: 10 reps
Intermediate: 15 reps
Advanced: 20 reps

1. Chair Squat
2. Hip Thrust (right)
3. Hip Thrust (left)
4. Dead-lift Row
5. Step Up with Kick Back (right)
6. Step Up with Kick Back (left)
7. Plie Squat
8. Warrior Dead-lift (right)
9. Warrior Dead-lift (left)
10. Leg Series (right)
11. Leg Series (left)

Repeat 1-3X



Hi Everyone!

Today's workout felt great! Getting back on track with my workouts has increased my energy and stamina. I am already feeling stronger. 

This workout is great for improving lower body strength and shape. Remember, even if your lower body isn't a "trouble spot" it's important to build your fitness throughout your body. The large muscles in your lower body burn a lot of calories, and help provide some of the strength and stability required for your workouts and overall level of fitness. 

Immediately before going through this workout I did a 3.1 mile run with 1% incline on the treadmill. Yesterday was my long run day, so today was about recovery and moving at a comfortable pace. Less than 2 weeks until I run in my first half marathon!

Enjoy the workout! 
Melissa


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the workouts! I'm excited to see how your race goes. I am mostly a runner nowadays, but have always loved gym work and resistance training. Your blog is helping me to finally work some of that back in while I complete the training for my first marathon in November. I have done one of your workouts following my run everyday this week, and I am loving it! It's hard to find things that fit into my schedule with 3 young kids and training, but this works for me! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete