Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Full Body Workout: Strengthen, Sweat and Run



Hi Everyone!

This was my workout last night, and I really enjoyed this one. I came home from work feeling tired, took a quick nap, and woke up rejuvenated and ready to go!

I alternated cardio rounds in between each workout set. I ran on my treadmill, but the other option is to complete the jump rope workout video at the bottom of this post (1 round=6 minutes), or do another form of cardio of choice. The goal is to get your heart rate up, and work up a sweat. 

My cardio of choice today was mile repeats. I ran a total of 4 miles during this workout. 

Remember to always work to your level, and adjust the challenge to your needs. :)

Enjoy the workout!
Melissa




Beginner: 10 reps
Intermediate: 15 reps
Advanced: 20 reps

*Cardio 

1. Surfer
2. Single Leg Step-Up (right)
3. Single Leg Step-Up (left)
4. Curtsy Lunge (right)
5. Curtsy Lunge (left)

*Cardio

1. Knee Drop Plank
2. Side Plank Elbow Tap (right)
3. Side Plank Elbow Tap (left)
4. Leg/Hip Lift
5. Bicycle

*Cardio

1. Twisted (Oblique) Push-up
2. Dips
3. Rowing Shrug
4. Tricep Push-up (right)
5. Tricep Push-up (left)

*Cardio

4 comments:

  1. hey funny comment and not sure where to ask it but I am looking for a sports bra like the one you have in your amazing about me button picture, the one where you are by a bridge and your arms are behind you. Would you know where to get a strappy sports bra like that, I am getting after pictures taken and I want a bra that doesnt cover up my side and back muscles like most sports bras, I have googled and cant come up with anything like that one. HElp if you can. By the way LOVE your workouts and site. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That top is from Body Rock Sport. It's one of my favorite brands. Here's the link: http://bodyrocksport.com/collection/sports-bras/yoganista/the-durga-bra/

      Delete
  2. Wow thank you so much for the quick response!!!! perfect thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For students the very best you can find here Adelaide-travel.com

    ReplyDelete