Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bikini Prep Body Sculpt: Workout 20: HIIT It, Sweat It, Sculpt It


Hi Everyone!

I really enjoyed this workout. One round takes 20 minutes. 

This workout can be performed with body weight, or you can increase the intensity by adding weights. 

I used a barbell (total weight 75 lbs), and two dumbbells (20 lbs each). Remember, the number one focus is always form. Choose a weight that you can use while consistently maintaining form, that is still challenging for you. When you are lifting or setting down your weights be sure to keep the core tight and the back straight. Always protect your back!

If you don't want to use a weight you can substitute cardio bursts of your choice during the 30 second intervals. Some great options are: jump rope, jumping jacks, high knees, mountain climbers or froggers. 

I hope you all enjoy the workout! I am off to teach a yoga class. :)

Melissa




Repeat 1-3X
30 seconds Bear Complex or Cardio, 50 Seconds Max Reps.
1 Round=20 Minutes

(Equipment is optional: barbell or dumbbells for Bear Complex). 

*Bear Complex/Cardio
1. Superman
*Bear Complex/Cardio

2. Bear Crawls
*Bear Complex/Cardio

3. High Knees
*Bear Complex/Cardio

4. Temple Tap Abs
*Bear Complex/Cardio

5. Pendulum Hops
*Bear Complex/Cardio

6. Wall Climb
*Bear Complex/Cardio

7. Plyo Pushup/Shoulder Tap Pushups
*Bear Complex/Cardio

8. Chair Lunge
*Bear Complex/Cardio

9. Tuck Jump
*Bear Complex/Cardio

10. Bicycle
*Bear Complex/Cardio

11. Rotating Hip Drop
*Bear Complex/Cardio

12. Lunge Jump
*Bear Complex/Cardio

13. Sprinter Situp
*Bear Complex/Cardio

14. Wall Sit Leg Lift
*Bear Complex/Cardio

15. Lateral Mat Run







4 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! This looks intense. I'm excited to try it. I've been under the weather for a few days. I'm going to rest my body to hit this one hard when I'm feeling great again.
    Thank you got your creative workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa!
    I have been doing your workouts for almost a year. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your blog. I am 34y/o and had a baby in 2012. I have always been very active, but your workouts have helped me to stay challenged!!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think you're too busy to exercise, learn about the reasons you're really not exercising and then follow some simple steps to incorporate. deadlift exercise technique

    ReplyDelete