Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Full Body Bender Home Workout & Run Breakdown

Hi Everyone!

I will be filming a brand new workout this evening. In the mean time I am sharing an old workout, and a breakdown of my run last night. 

The workout below is a good full body workout. To amp up the intensity you can add jump roping in between each round. As always, be sure to warm up before getting started. The video and breakdown are posted below. 

Last night I did a cardio workout. It is a run focused on building both speed and endurance. This workout will help improve your overall fitness level. 

I did my run on the treadmill:

-30 Minutes at a Light Intensity Pace. (Speed: 7.0, 8.5 min/mile)

-Followed by 8 25-second High Intensity Sprints. (Video at the bottom of the page). (Speed: started at 10.0 and increased to 10.6, 6 min/mile to 5.6 min/mile). 

You can keep the rest in between intervals equal to your sprint time. I didn't time my rest (I should have), so I went back into it more quickly. 

*Speed should be based on your perceived level of effort. Do not base your speed or intervals off of mine. Light Intensity Pace means a conversational pace. You should be able to run and talk comfortably. High Intensity Pace means you should be working close to maximum effort. Speech should be minimal. Work at a pace that is appropriate for you and you will make gains and improve your speed. The first time I ran I had to stop after two blocks. If you are just starting out check out: Running for Beginners


Enjoy the workout!

Melissa
FacebookInstagram, or Twitter








Beginner: 10 reps
Intermediate: 15 reps
Advanced: 20 reps

Repeat 1-3X

*For an added burn complete 5 minutes of jump roping in between rounds*

1. Supergirl Push Ups
2. Lunge Hop (right)
3. Lunge Hop (left)
4. Scissor Touch Abs
5. Prone Heel Press
6. Boat Tap
7. Bird Dog (right)
8. Bird Dog (left)
9. Single Leg Hip Thrust (right)
10. Single Leg Hip Thrust (left)
11. Bent Over Row
12. Good Mornings

No comments:

Post a Comment