- 1 Container Swanson 100% Natural Beef Broth with 50% Less Sodium (contains 4 cups)
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups Raw Spinach
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1.25 pounds Beef Stir Fry Meat
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (less than a teaspoon)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Fresh Ground Sea Salt (to taste)
- Italian Seasoning (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- 30 Day Fitness Challenges
- Stretching, Warmups and Cooldowns
- Beginner Workouts
- Interval Workouts
- Full Body Workouts
- Cardio Workouts
- Butt and Leg Toning Workouts
- Ab Focused Workouts
- Arm Workouts
- Guest Stars!
- Healthy Life
- About the Benders
- Weekly and Monthly Workout Schedules
- Bikini Competition Workouts: 12 Weeks
- Workouts by Time (5-30 Minutes)
- Workouts with Weights
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Healthy Beef Stew Recipe
When the weather gets colder I find myself craving meals that are warm and hearty. Beef Stew is a delicious meal, that meets both of those criterion. Plus, it's easy to make!
This recipe is high in nutrients. You should be having 5-6 cups of red/orange vegetables per week! Carrots and Sweet Potatoes are high in Vitamins A, C, Fiber and Potassium. Spinach is high in vitamins and antioxidants, and is a natural anti-inflammatory. Spinach has been shown to effectively lower blood pressure. All of these vegetables help protect your vision, and skin. So what's not to love about this combination?
I hope you all enjoy the recipe!
Makes 4 Large Servings, or 6-8 Smaller Servings
For this recipe I used:
Cut Beef into 1/2 to 1 inch cubes.
In a large pot use a touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a teaspoon of fresh garlic. Turn stove on to medium heat. Add beef and cook until browned. Add desired seasoning at this point.
I used a bit of fresh ground pepper, fresh ground sea salt, Thyme, and Italian Seasoning.
Add the entire container of Beef Broth. Cover, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 90 minutes.
Cut vegetables to desired size. Add all vegetables to the broth and re-cover. Cook for an additional 30-60 minutes on low until vegetables are tender.
Increase heat to medium. Mix flour and water in a bowl, and add slowly to broth. Stir to thicken.
Stew is ready to serve! Enjoy!