Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lean Muscle Building Workout Challenge


This is a 4-Week Workout Challenge focused on building lean muscle. Lean muscle mass helps improve your metabolism, give your body shape, and improve your strength. 

Each Week incorporates 1-2 Days of rest. Rest days are when your muscles build strength. You can choose to add up to 30 minutes of cardio to any of these workouts. Be sure to take at least 1 full rest day per week. 

Listen to your body throughout the month and be sure to stretch. As always, consult your doctor before starting a new fitness routine and/or if you have any health/injury concerns. 

Aim to consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of desired weight. IE Goal Weight=135 lbs. Aim to consume 135 grams of protein per day. 

You must consume enough calories to build muscle. Remember, calories are units of energy. You have to consume enough calories to build muscle and power your workouts. 

Have fun!
Melissa


Week 1:
HIIT to Be FIIT
Slim & Sculpted Arms Workout
10 Minute Tighter Waist Core Workout
30 Minute Home Dumbbell Workout
Lower Body Sculpt & Shape

Week 2:
HIIT Full Body Workout: 20 Minutes Per Round

Arms & Back: Quick Home Workout
Stretches to Improve Flexibility for Splits
21 Minute HIIT: Full Body Workout
HIIT It, Sweat It, Tone It: Workout + Hill Sprints

Week 3:Boot Camp HIIT: 20 Minutes Per Round
Full Body Fitness Makeover
Extreme Sweat: Full Body Home Workout
Tight Stomach Toning Workout
Lower Body Blast: Burn, Shape & Sculpt Workout
Body Weight: Full Length Workout

Week 4:
20 Minute: Core Cardio Fat Burn HIIT
Dynamic Body Workout: 15 Minute HIIT Per Round
Lower Body, Low Impact Workout: Quiet, No Jumping!
Terrific Tummy Toner: 20 Minute Fat Burn HIIT
Working for a Sexy Body Fat Burn
20 Minutes Per Round: Full Body Workout

7 comments:

  1. Are you going to do a meal plan as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great workout challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your workouts Melissa! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started this work out tonight. I did two rounds and I can tell I'll be sore tomorrow in a good way. I'm very excited to be rebooting my fitness journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finished week 1. Two rou D's with each days workouts. Enjoying this set up for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I strart week 1

    1 day-HIIT Full Body Workout: 20 Minutes Per Round
    2day-Slim & Sculpted Arms Workout
    3day-10 Minute Tighter Waist Core Workout
    4day-30 Minute Home Dumbbell Workout
    5day-Lower Body Sculpt & Shape

    Is this what I have to do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you what a difference you are making in the life of a woman who works full-time, commutes 2 hours a day, and has a 2-year-old. I started doing your workouts because they were SHORT & free—and there are so many I never get bored. Plus, you are so relatable and real—yet aspirational too! But in the process I discovered HIIT, and am getting bit "addicted" to it (in a good way). I've never felt this way doing other types of exercise. Am at the end of week 3 of this challenge and really feeling a difference inside and out—obviously I feel stronger in general, but I almost feel like I can *feel* my metabolism perking up. I am also noticeably hungrier! I am doing Weight Watchers and sometimes find it impossible to stick to my points. But I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. Am also looking for more lean protein sources, because I can't ever make it to the target protein intake you recommend. Will probably start supplementing with a high-quality protein powder. Do you recommend that? Anyway, thanks for changing my life (and, hopefully, my body!). You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete