Thursday, November 8, 2012

Push It Home Workout



Good Morning Everyone!

This was my workout from last night. I am planning a new workout for later this afternoon, so be sure to check back for that. 

For today's workout I wanted to mix up the challenge to my body, so I used very light weights (3 pounds) and completed a high number of reps for each exercise. I really believe in the importance of challenging your muscles in various ways to optimize your training. In the video I still did the standard 20 reps per exercise, but the first time I went through I did 60 reps per exercise. For the 1 Leg Stand and Press I split it up, 30 per leg. 

It was a nice challenge, and fun to do something a little bit different. As always, the exercises can also be performed with body weight. You can use hand weights, soup cans or anything else you have handy if you want to use a weight. 

My mom, sisters, and I went to the Madonna concert on Tuesday (election night). Seeing Madonna, and the shape that she is in was a huge inspiration to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. She looked amazing, had great energy, and was able to do dance moves that required strength and flexibility. We all loved the show. 

I hope you guys have a great day! Enjoy the workout!
Melissa
At the Madonna concert
Dinner before Madonna's concert




Beginner: 10-25 reps
Intermediate: 15-40 reps
Advanced: 25-60 reps

1. Up/Down Dog
2. Plank Elbow Hold Right (up to 60 seconds)
3. Plank Elbow Hold Left
4. Superman Flies
5. Weighted Leg Lift
6. Cat/Cow
7. Plank Rows
8. 1 Leg Stand and Press (right) (half reps right, half left)
9. 1 Leg Stand and Press (left)
10. Butt Lift
11. Heel Tap Prone (I did 100 of these)

No comments:

Post a Comment