Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hard Body Home workout Melissa Bender Fitness

Hi Everyone,
I was exhausted today, but I pushed myself to get in a good workout. It’s been one of those weeks where it feels like the world is conspiring against all of my plans. We are one day closer to the weekend now, and I have been pushing through it. So, please excuse my tired appearance in the video.
Someone shared a delicious, healthy recipe for cheesecake with me. I am going to try it out to make sure it’s tasty before I share it with you guys. J
As the holiday’s approach I think it’s especially important to have healthy items that seem indulgent. I make healthy tartlets that are a great alternative to sugar laden pies and desserts. I made some last night so later today I will take pictures, and share the recipe.
Also, this weekend we will be ramping up the cardio aspect of my workouts. So if you’re following along be prepared! Let’s work together to prevent any holiday weight gain before it even starts!
Melissa




Hard Body Home Workout
Warm up: 5 minutes jumping rope, high knees, burpees, sun salutations or mountain climbers. You can even mix and match if you want. Make sure you get your heart pumping and your metabolism revved up before you get into the workout. This will maximize your calorie burn throughout.
Reps: This applies to all, except the one legged squat/pistol, which is listed below.
Beginner: 15 reps
Intermediate: 20 reps
Advanced: 25 reps
1.       Jump Lunge
2.       Up/Down Dog
3.       Squatting Warrior III
4.       Pistol/One leg squat (right)
Beginner: 2 reps per leg
Intermediate: 5 reps per leg
Advanced: 10 reps per leg
5.       Pistol/One leg squat (left)
6.       Jumping Push-ups
7.       Side Plank Drop (right)
8.       Side Plank Drop (left)
9.       Hopping Lunges (right)
10.   Hopping Lunges (left)
11.   Full Boat Pose
12.   Scissor Abs
13.   Superman Lift
14.   Plank Walks

No comments:

Post a Comment