Friday, November 25, 2011

Great Shape Workout

Hello,
I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday! I had many things to be thankful about this year. J Plus plenty of delicious food, with lots of vegetables!
I started out today’s workout with 15 minutes of cardio. I ran 2 miles on my treadmill (although it was about 60 degrees so I probably should have enjoyed the weather outside!) For me that was a comfortable running pace, nothing too hard because I knew I was doing the actual workout right after. If you are running just go out at a comfortable pace for 15 minutes. Focus on engaging in cardio for that amount of time, not the distance. Other alternatives are: jump roping, high knees, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, and burpees. You can even mix and match as long as you are working hard enough to sweat for 15 minutes.
I believe the issue with comments is now fixed, so feel free to comment below! Tomorrow I am going to have a fun partner workout, so get ready to grab a friend!
Have fun,
Melissa





Warm-up: 15 minutes of Cardio.
Beginner: 10 reps
Intermediate: 15 reps
Advanced: 20 reps
1.       Boat Kick (2 kicks=1 rep)
2.       Side Lunge Reach (right)
3.       Side Lunge Reach (left)
4.       Mountain Climber pushups (4 mountain climbers/1 pushup=1 rep)
5.       Temple Abs (2 taps= 1 rep)
6.       Side plank leg lift (right)
7.       Side Plank leg lift (left)
8.       Reverse Situps
9.       Superman Plank
10.   Jump Squat
Cool Down: Sun Salutation

No comments:

Post a Comment