Thursday, November 17, 2011

Seated Office Yoga to Sustain Health

Hi Everyone,
The video I am sharing today is a seated yoga routine that is great to use at the office. I created this video for a project at school, because it is something people from any walk of life can benefit from. My group’s project was called “Fit to Engage in Occupation.” What this means is staying fit throughout your life so you can continue to do all the things you want and need to do. Yoga and exercise are two great preventative tools. They prevent you from getting a lot of injuries and illnesses that result from unhealthy lifestyles.
If you’ve already suffered health problems it’s even more important to take steps to improve your health.
This routine is great for your back, neck and shoulders. It will help your posture, alignment, blood flow, and even assist in preventing tension headaches. It is a great tool to help relieve back pain. Enjoy, and remember, there is a lot more to fitness than just exercise. The healthy choices you make throughout your day, whether they be nutrition, using good body mechanics, or taking time to de-stress will all help create the healthy lifestyle we are seeking.
Good luck,
Melissa


5 comments:

  1. Thanks I shared it with my friend. He had back surgery and it needs to be done again. Not sure he can sit for the duration of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. This workout looks similar to something that I am looking for my pulmonary rehabilitation patients. Do you have anything that middle aged to elderly can perform, preferably from a chair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't filmed a complete chair workout yet, but I definitely will. I have done some research in this area, and would love to put it to use. Thanks for motivating me to get on top of that. :)

      Delete
  3. This is perfect. I have worked behind a desk for 30 years. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

    Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowledge giving Video! I appreciate you. I completely agree with you. If we talk about current scenario then it is must be update. I enjoyed watching. I would like to visit more for more queries.

    ReplyDelete