Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Healthy Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipe

If you're anything like me you love chocolate and peanut butter together. Instead of letting this be a downfall in your healthy eating habits maybe it's time to embrace this delcious combo and make it as healthy as possible!
The recipe below is healthy, delicious, and delivers plenty of protein (which keeps you full, and helps you build the muscle you need to rev up your metabolism!) Jesse and I tried to today, and we were pleasantly suprised. It was filling and tasty!

Healthy PB cup milkshake
Ingrediants:

1 cup – vanilla unsweetened almond OR soy milk OR regular 1% cow’s milk (I used vanilla soy milk. I was tempted to use the chocolate, but I wanted to try it as the recipe called first)


1 scoop – chocolate rice protein OR chocolate whey protein powder

1 tbsp – peanut butter OR almond butter

(optional) 1 packet of stevia, honey OR maple syrup to taste for sweetness (I didn't use this, it was sweet enough for me without it)

5 ice cubes

Directions:
Place all items in a blender and blend until smooth.
NOTE: For fruity sweetness you can always add banana to the smoothie and remove the maple syrup, honey or stevia.
Serve in a tall glass and sip away at the guilt free peanut butter cup yumminess!

Let me know what you think, or if you have any recipes to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment