Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fitness Transformation: Workout 1

Fitness Transformation: Workout 1

Hi Everyone,

This is the first workout I have created for my Fitness Transformation workout series. I created this workout plan for my brother in law, Josh, who is just starting out on his fitness/weight loss journey. I had him complete the Fit Test to help measure his starting point and his progress as he completes my workout plan. 

This workout plan is suitable for all fitness levels. By increasing the reps and rounds you increase the intensity of the workout. The focus is on full body exercises that will create strength, endurance, and all over body sculpting. 

The focus of these workouts should always be on form. As you grow stronger and gain endurance you want to move from one exercise to the next as quickly as possible. 

Josh is really excited to share his journey and progress with you. We have developed several goals for Josh along the way. His long term goal is to lose approximately 60 pounds. Short term goals are to improve his level of fitness and number of reps on the fit test, drop a pants size, drop a shirt size, and improve his cardiovascular endurance. 

Josh is also working on making sustainable changes to his diet, and incorporating healthier eating choices. 

I hope you all enjoy this workout!
Melissa 




Beginner: 10 reps, repeat 1-2X
Intermediate: 15 reps, Repeat 1-3X
Advanced: 20 reps, Repeat 1-3X

1. High Knees (60 seconds)
2. Side Plank (right) (60 seconds)
3. Side Plank (left) (60 seconds)
4. Jumping Jacks
5. Bicycle
6. Walking Pushups
7. Sumo Squat
8. Mountain Climber
9. Temple Tap Abs
10. Plank (60 seconds)

16 comments:

  1. Your home workouts are the BEST! I've been doing them for a few days and my thighs are sore just like after I see a personal trainer! Thanks SO much for sharing, this site is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did 2 rounds of this today. I am very sore from yesterday and have been stacking your workouts with WarriorZ w/o as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still so sore from tuesday workout lol your workouts are great thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. after a workout in the gym this morning......just finished 3 rounds in 34 minutes.....all sweat....pure joy!! thanks melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its 1703 here....dont know why it shows different

      Delete
  5. I did 2 rounds 10/50 intervals, my core was on fire! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just did the fit test & the first work out! Burns like crazy! Thank you so much for having this available! Much appreciated :) I'm feel more motivated doing it at home and I love how you keep mentioning not to feel discouraged because you are at a much higher level than I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this workout day one of a weekly schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am about to begin this workout-is it meant to be done more than once through?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you SO much Melissa (and your husband) for all the effort you put into making your videos. I was looking for something to do after Insanity that still challenged me, and your site is amazing! I just finished your second workout of your month 1 of competition prep workouts, and I plan to follow you through all of them and more. I think this is my first ever comment on anyone's site or blog ever, but you gave me a reason to say thanks, so thank you! Keep em' coming!
    -Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did 3 rounds 60sec and 20 reps. My core is BURNING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome! Do you do any running before these?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did 2 rounds and I'm out of breath...

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3 sets done, that was a great workout! Time to run at least 1 mile!!!! Ty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your workouts are amazing Melissa. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your workouts are amazing Melissa. Thanks

    ReplyDelete