Monday, February 18, 2013

Cardio Burst, Fat Blast Workout

Hi Everyone!

Tonight's workout is a tough one! It's an intense workout that alternates cardio burst moves with repetition based exercises. This is a great, and effective way, to build lean muscle while also burning fat. I love workouts like this because they boost your metabolism, and even if you are worn out, you also feel great when you are done. 

This workout took me just under 20 minutes to go through one time, and I followed it with a 30 minute run on the treadmill. I ran at a comfortable talking pace.

I hope that you all have a great evening and enjoy the workout! 
Melissa





Beginner: 10 reps, 30 second timed intervals
Intermediate: 15 reps, 45 second intervals
Advanced: 20 reps, 30 second intervals

*High Knees and Mountain Climbers are timed intervals

1. High Knees
2. 1 Leg Lifted Bridge (right)
3. Mountain Climber
4. 1 Leg Lifted Bridge (left)
5. High Knees
6. 1 Leg Jumping Pushup (alternating legs)
7. Mountain Climbers
8. Heel Tap Abs
9. High Knees
10. Supergirl
11. Mountain Climber
12. Lunge to Warrior III (right)
13. High Knees
14. Lunge to Warrior III (left)

Follow with 30 Minutes cardio of choice (running, walking, jump rope) or Repeat

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge HIIT fan! Love it and love mixing it up with my runs!!

    ReplyDelete