Wednesday, April 16, 2014

20 Minute HIIT Workout: Fat Burn Lower Body Challenge


Hi Everyone!

Today's workout is a 20 Minute HIIT workout that combines fat burning and body sculpting exercises. This workout will challenge your cardiovascular system and get you sweating. Scientific research has shown 20 minutes of HIIT to be the optimum for increased metabolic rates throughout the day. 

One round takes 20 minutes, and you can repeat it up to 3X. So far today I only went through it once, but I am planning to repeat it this evening 1-2 more times. (I had a dentist appointment so I didn't have time to complete the workout all at once!) Working up a sweat multiple times per day instead of in one longer session can be beneficial for regulation of your blood sugar levels, and keeping your metabolism boosted. 

I am also starting to focus on a return to clean eating, so I will be sharing more about meals and recipes. Today for lunch I had: Avocado Curry Chicken Salad. Remember, eating healthy doesn't have to mean eating bland! 

If you are joining me for the challenge don't forget to check in on FacebookInstagram or Twitter. The check in posts are a great way to stay motivated and on track. :)

Have fun!
Melissa


Equipment: Gymboss Interval Timer set for 20 Rounds of 10/50. 

1. Sumo Surfer
2. Warrior III Plank
3. High Knees
4. Russian Kicks
5. Forward Fold Tap (right)
6. Forward Fold Tap (left)
7. High Knees
8. Russian Kicks
9. Side Plank Double Kick (right)
10. Side Plank Double Kick (left)
11. High Knees
12. Russian Kicks
13. Side Lunge Knee (right)
14. Side Lunge Knee (left)
15. High Knees
16. Russian Kicks
17. Double Plie
18. Lunge Hop Jump
19. High Knees
20. Russian Kicks

4 comments:

  1. I've been doing your workouts for a long long time now. And this one. is. my. favourite. Thanks so much :)
    -Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it!!! As a mom of 5 kids (8 and under) 3 still at home.. i rarely have to time to go to the gym. Your workouts are awesome!! Love your personality, your ability to be so real, and your cute husband for his support. I just love it all! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY FAVORITE! TOUGH! That's all I can get out after those crabkicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome workout Melissa! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete