Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tight Booty, Toned Abs Workout


Hi Everyone!

It has been a productive Sunday for me! I filmed this workout, and then went outside for a run with Jesse. We got in 5.55 miles. It's about 25 degrees outside, so it was pretty cold, but I still managed to work up a good sweat. 

It's also a Sunday food prep day, so I will be taking pictures to show you guys what I am cooking. I will also be sharing a breakdown of a typical day of eating for me. My bikini competition is 4 weeks away (as of yesterday) so I will be updating your on my progress, and posting links to Month 2 of my contest prep workouts. People have been asking me if it is possible to prepare for a bikini competition solely with home workouts. I will keep you all posted, and we will see how it works out for me. :)

I hope you all enjoy today's workout! So far I have gone through it once (right before my run). If I have time after my cooking is done I will repeat it 1 more time. 

Have a great day!
Melissa





Beginner: 5 reps weighted, 10 reps body weight
Intermediate: 8 reps weighted, 15 reps body weight
Advanced: 10 reps weighted, 20 reps body weight

1. Squat (weighted)
2. Squat Jump
3. Bicycle Abs
4. Weighted Step Up (right)
5. Single Leg Hop (right)
6. Crunch Tap Abs
7. Weighted Step Up (left)
8. Single Leg Hop (left)
9. Knee Drop Plank
10. Curtsy Lunge Twist (weighted)
11. Side Lunge Jump
12. Temple Tap Crunch

4 comments:

  1. Melissa, I loved this workout!! Thank u! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, my favorites bar is just getting full of your workouts that I have to do! lol
    I don't like to do lists haha!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa I am training for a 10K run. I vary my workouts ( long runs, fartlek, speed sessions) and include some of your workouts after my actual running training. I would like to improve my fitness when it come to plyometric work as I am not really good at it! would you mind if you do more plyo specific workouts please? I hate the fact that I can run miles but am afraid of jumping hurdles or uncapable of doing a tuck jump without hurting my back grrrr!

    ReplyDelete