Monday, January 5, 2015

HIIT the New Year Hard: Workout 5: Tummy Toner (20 Minute Workout)



Hi Everyone!

This is workout #5 of my HIIT the New Year Hard DietBet Challenge! Tonight you have two workout options. This is a new workout I filmed for the challenge, or you can do the one I posted earlier this evening: 20 Minute Cardio HIIT & Sweat. If you're feeling really feisty you can even try a round of each. 

Why are there two workouts? I have a full time job as an Occupational Therapist, so I can't film the workouts until after I get home from work. With the time it takes to upload the workouts the new ones are posted pretty late. I didn't want to keep the early birds waiting for a new workout so I posted an alternative option. 

I also posted today's Instagram workout move HERE. I'm on Instagram as @BenderFitness 

I hope you enjoy today's workout. I went through it 1X and paired it with a 3 mile run. I wanted to go through it more than once, but my mom invited me over for a home cooked dinner so I chose to decrease the number of rounds and have some family time. 

You can find information about this month's workout challenge at www.dietbet.com/BenderFitness to sign up for the challenge. 

Rose has started posting about her journey through my 12 Week Bikini Workout Program. You can read more about her experience here: http://mychangeforaten.com

Have fun with the workout!
Melissa

PS You can also find me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter. Jesse has also been posting Sneak Peek workout videos on his Instagram account (@BenderCrosby1) and I am hosting a 30 Day Instagram Workout Challenge: @BenderFitness 

PPS My workout pants are from www.affitnity.com and you can get 15% off with the code BenderFitness at checkout. 





Click the link to get your own Gymboss Interval Timer!

Set your Interval Timer for 15 rounds of 30/50 seconds. 

1. Plank Knee to Heel Press (right)
2. Plank Knee to Heel Press (left)
3. Boat Reach Kick
4. Side Plank Hip Lift (right)
5. Side Plank Hip Lift (left)
6. Balanced Crunch
7. Balanced Bicycle
8. Cross Donkey Kick
9. Side Plank Reach Through (right)
10. Side Plank Reach Through (left)
11. Pendulum Abs
12. Walking Pushups
13. Scissor Leg Lift
14. Reverse Plank Leg Lift
15. Knee Cross Side Plank

Repeat 1-3X
Optional: Pair with 30 minutes of cardio. 


Plank Knee to Heel Press

Balanced Boat Reach & Kick

Hip Lift

Extended Crunch

Balanced Bicycle

Donkey Kick Cross

Side Plank Reach Through

Pendulum Abs

Scissor Leg Lift Part 1

Scissor Leg Lift Part 2

Reverse Plank Leg Lift

Knee Cross Side Plank Part 1

Knee Cross Side Plank Part 2

2 comments:

  1. great workout. Thanks so much for the time and energy you put into creating and filming these workouts. i am a mom of 4 and i don't have a gym membership (or want one!!) and greatly appreciate the free workout and fitness motivation. blessings for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your workouts! Any recommendations on what to eat pre and post workout? There is so much information out there it's hard to know what's best? Food, protein shakes? Thank you for your help and commitment to keeping us fit!

    ReplyDelete