Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Booty Bump Workout


Hi Everyone,

This was part of my workout last night. I had a fun workout planned for today, but unfortunately I have to delay it until tomorrow. I did get in a 3.5 mile run outside today. It was in the high 40s here, and there was sunshine, so I had to take advantage of the weather. 

Sunshine makes me feel more appreciative of running outside. Also, it was nice not to have to run through 6-7 inches of snow. Most of my run was done on solid ground! 

For this workout I utilized weights. It was nice to change the type of challenge I was engaging in for my workout. Yesterday I also shared Josh's first workout video: Fitness Transformation: Workout 2

Josh did a really great job, and I gave him a new workout to do today, which I will be sharing later. 

Enjoy the workout,
Melissa




Beginner: 8 reps
Intermediate: 10 reps
Advanced 12-15 reps

1. Squat
2. Bulgarian Split Squat (right)
3. Bulgarian Split Squat (left)
4. Good Morning
5. Curtsy Lunge (right)
6. Curtsy Lunge (left)
7. Romanian Deadlift

Repeat 1-3X

*I followed this workout with 3 miles on the treadmill. I did intervals, and the entire run took me 23 minutes, and 30 seconds. 

9 comments:

  1. I workout from home, love all your workouts. Thank you for putting this very well presented. You are doing an awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love doing it, and it's great to know it's appreciated and useful to others!

      Delete
  2. I've done curtsy lunges but never with a twist! Thanks for the variation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should clean and press the barbell up and over your head and onto your back. It's much safer than what you tried to do. Plus it gives you momentum to get the heavier weight up and over your head. Here's a link to show you what I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_OGoQ94mPQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I am doing your first month of Bikini w/o and this one and the fitness transformation #2 is on todays list, but both w/o say to run extra.. do I add both or just the two workouts or the two workouts plus 20 minute of cardio? Thanks for the tip. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question, Theresa! I was curious about the same thing :) Thanks for all that you do, Melissa!

      Delete
  5. Hello Melissa i just did the Booty Bump Workout and fell great! Thank you for all that you do! I am following your workouts and have results! I was happy and surprising to see that you have a excercise called Bulgarian Split Squat. How do you know about it? I am asking you because I'm bulgarian, and was nice to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, how heavy is your barbell?

    ReplyDelete