Monday, January 7, 2013

Tummy Toning Fat Burn

*Workout Video and Breakdown Below

Hi Everyone!

Who is up for some tummy time? Everyone wants a strong core, and sexy abs. This workout will definitely challenge every part of your core. Say goodbye to love handles and muffin tops, and hello to a tight, toned stomach. 

When working the core it's important to strengthen all of the muscles of your abdomen, while simultaneously burning any fat that is hiding your abs. This workout incorporates moves that tone your muscles, and challenge your cardiovascular system at the same time. 

I went through this workout twice, and followed it with 2 miles on the treadmill to add some extra cardio to my day. November and December were difficult for me to get in my normal workouts and eating habits, and I was super tired. Now that I started getting my workouts back on track my energy level, and eating habits have followed. 

I often find that the more consistent my workouts are, the more healthy the rest of my choices are as well. Working out can make you more aware of what your body needs. Be sure to listen!

Enjoy the workout,
Melissa

PS Love the outfit? Check out www.Affitnity.com and like them on Facebook.  You can get 15% off your total order with the code: BenderFitness at checkout. 



Beginner: 10 reps, 30 seconds timed
Intermediate: 15 reps, 45 seconds timed
Advanced: 20 reps, 60 seconds timed

Repeat 1-3X

1. Boat Tap
2. Frogger (timed)
3. Leg Circle Situps
4. Plank Jump (timed)
5. Reverse Double Situp
6. Plank Jack (timed)
7. Oblique Leg Raise (right)
8. Oblique Leg Raise (left)
9. Cheek to Cheek Plank (timed)
10. Superman Crunch Twist

11 comments:

  1. Just did 2 rounds of this one. great calorie burner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this site today, and I had been looking for sotmething or someone to follow with good workouts and a varity of them. I love it. I'm starting all the way from the beginning just because I'm not in great shape and I want to be healthy and fit but in a safe way. So my first workwout was from your fist post and I'm going to do the day by day schedule. I loved the workout. Thank you so much Melissa for sharing this with us and you are great in your videos in explaining them. I can't wait to see results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a wonderful routine, thank you Melissa! I can feel my abs two days later, luv it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just did this beginner x 3 rounds and 10 minutes of jump rope. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that cheek to cheek is great (and brutal!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best abdominal/core workouts I've ever done, and trust me, I've tried quite a few. Thank you so much Melissa for always posting amazing workouts! I always can count on your workouts to get my blood flowing and heart pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your workout routine! Just did your 15min HIIT and 2 rounds of this. Hoping to tone my abs but this is a good mix up from the normal routine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I've tried this workouts for a week now and I've been very strict, I'm doing the advanced level and I really think that I'm more tired that when I do my regular gym exercise with a lot of weight *o*...by chance I found your website and the 12 weeks workout program and I'm telling you I'm going for it!!! I will compete!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. manages 2 rounds, still saw abs from yesterday's work out which I managed 3 rounds. great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I was dying! I hated it, but glad I did it. 2 rounds advanced level

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could only do one round due to being lazy this winter

    ReplyDelete