Thursday, December 13, 2012

Raspberry Protein Post Workout Smoothie


Hi Everyone,

The other day I made a delicious post-workout smoothie. This would also be great as a delicious high protein breakfast or snack. I made mine a little bit thicker, so it was more like a frozen yogurt type consistency. 

Having protein after your workout can promote lean muscle building and speed up muscle recovery. You should aim for about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight throughout the day. Some research has shown that 20 grams of protein within 30 minutes of your workout maximizes the muscle building, and recovery process. 

I hope you guys enjoy!
Melissa

Ingredients:
-1 scoop Vanilla (or chocolate) Protein Powder (I use Nutracore Lean Active 7 from Total Nutrition)
- 1/2 to 1 cup water (use less for thicker consistency, more if you like your smoothie thinner)
-1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
-1 cup frozen raspberries (or fruit of choice)
-1 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter (optional)

Put all ingredients in your blender, and blend until you reach desired consistency. Pour into a glass and drink. This recipe makes two servings. 

I am about to film my workout for tonight, and afterwards I will be making this recipe with either frozen peaches or pineapple to try a new flavor. 

Enjoy!
Melissa

PS I have also substituted my vanilla protein powder and 1 cup of water for the Greek yogurt in my Green Smoothie Recipe, when I ran out of Greek yogurt. The result was delicious! Normally I have to add vanilla yogurt to Jesse's green smoothie to make it sweeter for him, but with the protein powder he loved the flavor. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I love your page! It is super helpful for me because I have just started in January a weekly workout. My goal is become a fitness model. I'm already pretty thin, 5'5 108lbs but I want to get a toned, defined muscular body. I saw that you posted one of your protein powders. Is there any other powders you use? Pre/post workout, protein powders etc.?

    Thank you for your help!

    --
    Menddy

    ReplyDelete