|Avocado Curry Chicken Salad: Delicious, Healthy Recipe|
I love chicken salad, and egg salad. What I don't love is the high fat and calorie count that is in typical chicken salad recipes. In fact, I'm not a fan of mayonnaise at all. I was thrilled to try out this healthy alternative to using mayo in my chicken and egg salad recipes.
- Typical Chicken Salad: Calories 417 (not including bread, 517 with sandwich thin), Fat 31.5 g, Protein 29.4 g.
- Chick-Fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich: 510 Calories
- Panera's Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich: 690 Calories
- Avocado Chicken Salad: Calories 278 (378 with a sandwich thin), Fat 12 g., Protein 38 g.
- 2 baked or grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed (about 8 oz.) *You can also use two boiled or baked eggs if you prefer to make egg salad. Both styles are delicious!
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons 0% Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste (optional, or season to taste-this amount will make the sandwich a bit spicy). You can also use regular curry seasoning, but this is a strong flavor, so start out light, and increase as desired.
- Bread or wrap of Choice. I used a whole wheat sandwich thin today, and a 90 calorie whole wheat wrap yesterday.
|Green Curry Paste, Avocado and Greek Yogurt|
|Avocado, curry, greek yogurt mixture.|
|Chopped Chicken Breast.|
|Avocado Curry Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt.|
|Avocado Curry Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Wrap|
|Avocado Curry Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich with Grapes|