Monday, September 17, 2012

Strength Building Workout


Hi Everyone!

Today I filmed a brand new full body workout. I love incorporating fun new exercises into my workouts. The Oblique pushups that I started with in today's video were tough on me. I have been working on a few new yoga arm balance poses, so I think my arms were a little bit more tired than usual. 

I also ran 5 miles outside. It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny, but cool enough to make for a beautiful run. 

I am starting to focus more on flexibility again, because I noticed that my hip flexors have been getting a little bit tighter. It's very important to stay flexible. It helps prevent injuries, and maintain a high level of functioning, so I will be filming some more stretching, and some of the moves I am doing to improve my own flexibility. 

I hope you guys enjoy the new workout!
Melissa




Beginner: 10 reps
Intermediate: 15 reps
Advanced: 20 reps

Repeat 1-3X

1. Oblique Pushups
2. Leg Series (right) (30 reps total, 10 of each movement)
3. Leg Series (left)
4. Leg/Hip Lift
5. Bow Press with Heel Tap
6. Oblique V-Up (right)
7. Oblique V-Up (left)
8. Squat Lift
9. Forward Fold Leg Lift (right)
10. Forward Fold Leg Lift (left)
11. Plank Hold

2 comments:

  1. wow! awesome workout thanks Melissa!! you are such an inspiration girl!! I just love your workouts, they are always challenging, interesting and surprisingly different and you are one super fit woman. I have worked in the fitness industry for the past 12 years and was getting a little over it all, had lost my mojo and didn't know how to get it back, until I quite by chance found you and you are just the breath of fresh air I was needing to reignite my passion for fitness again. Many many thanks and blessings to you oh awesome one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am so happy that you are finding your passion again!!! It's so important to love what you do, especially when you spend so much time doing it! It's amazing that you have dedicated 12 years of your life to helping other be more healthy. That's a beautiful thing. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete