Friday, September 14, 2012

Guns and Glutes: Body Weight Workout (Real Time)

Knee Drop Plank
Reverse Plank Side Step


Hi Everyone,

I did this workout last night, and it got me very sweaty! The emphasis of this workout is on your booty, and core. This workout will help make your butt high, round, and tight. You will also work your arms. I felt this one in my triceps (the back of your arms, where many people want to tighten up and lose that jiggle.)

I also ran a little over 3 miles yesterday. Jesse and I started coaching our local high school's cross country team, so we will both be running with the teams a lot. 

Today I will be filming a new workout. In addition to the new workout I will also be interviewing Michael Prest about his recent win in an NPC body building competition. I will be finding out about his contest prep, and hopefully getting 1 or 2 of his favorite recipes to share with everyone. 

So check back for that! See you later!
Melissa




Beginner: 10 reps
Intermediate: 15 reps
Advanced: 20 reps

or do this as an Interval workout: 50 seconds of work (max reps), 10 seconds of rest between each exercise. 

Repeat 1-3X.

1. Squat Cross Kick (right)
2. Squat Cross Kick (left)
3. Dive Bomber
4. Butt Lift Squat
5. Walking Pushup
6. Reverse Plank Side Step
7. Tricep Pushup (right)
8. Tricep Pushup (left)
9. Seated Twist Stretch
10. Knee Drop Plank

7 comments:

  1. I wish to coach young athletes one day as well. Lucky you and good luck on your new opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really loving it. Do you want to coach running or a different sport?

      Delete
  2. Great workout! I am going to incorporate the moves into my workout! Your videos are fantastic! I love the fact that almost all are body weight only!!! Thank you for your daily motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! You are very welcome. I really love what I do, and I am so happy that I am able to help motivate others to be fit and healthy. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this great video. I look forward to more recipes. Congrats as well, you earned it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! As always, your support means the world to me!

      Delete
  4. I have entered a mud race. While I have done some 5k's, I have not done any obstacles. Do you recommend adding weights to your workouts, or is just the workout with the weight of my body...enough? I just want to be prepared, and I love your real time workouts!!! I do your other ones as well, but always come back to the real time ones.

    ReplyDelete