Saturday, September 15, 2012

Frozen Banana Bites


Hi Everyone!

Today I was craving the Dark Chocolate Bananas Josh made for me. If you click on that link it will take you to his recipe. I decided to make a quick version of his snack. 

All you need is:
1 Banana (sliced)
About 1 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon of dark chocolate chips

I sliced a banana, smeared each slice with some natural peanut butter (I used Smucker's) and then topped it with dark chocolate chips. I keep the chocolate chips in the freezer, so they look like frozen blueberries in the picture (which I think would be a delicious addition or substitution in this recipe!)

It's healthy, delicious, and totally satisfied my craving for sweets. After topping the peanut buttered banana slices with dark chocolate chips I placed them in the freezer, on a sheet of waxed paper. 

Once they are frozen you have a delicious, sweet snack! 

Enjoy! 
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. that is my favorite treat, I top it often with an almond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try that! It sounds like a great combination. :)

      Delete
  2. yum - i wound up melting the chocolate chips with the peanut butter and adding maybe a 1/2 tsp coconut oil (the less processed scented kind)...maybe that makes it less healthy and then spread the melty stuff on the banana slices and froze them. Thanks for the idea Melissa!! I'm a new addict to your website and SO grateful that you make it all free. I'm a part-time nurse and the rest of the time I spend with my 1 year old daughter so this is the new cornerstone to my day. :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant that your workouts mainly are the cornerstone to my day..not necessarily the frozen banana treats, although I definitely enjoy them both! haha.

    ReplyDelete