Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Workout Your Abs and Glutes at Home


Hi Everyone!

Tonight's workout is full body, but emphasizes working your butt and abs. This incorporates moves that will challenge all of the different muscles in your core and glutes. It's important to work your muscles from a variety of angles, so that you are using all of your muscles. Focus on using correct form, and getting the most out of each exercise and you should be nice and sweaty by the end of the workout. I also did a 4 mile run this afternoon with the girls from the cross country team. 

I tried out two new recipes today, that I will be sharing. The first was an avocado curry chicken salad (yesterday I did the same thing with egg salad. Both were amazing!), and this evening I made a delicious pasta recipe with plenty of shrimp and vegetables. 

I am trying to get back to eating primarily whole foods. Ideally you should know every ingredient that is going in to your meals, and you should limit processed foods. This isn't always possible, especially if you aren't cooking at home. When I do have the opportunity to cook I like to take advantage of it. Sometimes it helps to cook in bulk, so you have healthy leftovers readily available. 

I have leftovers of both of the meals that I made today, and I baked eggs to have on hand for a quick and easy breakfast option. I have been getting a lot of questions about my diet so I will try to post more about what I am eating. So, check back tomorrow for my recipes! 

Have a great night,
Melissa




Beginner: 10 reps
Intermediate: 15 reps
Advanced: 20 reps

Repeat 1-3X

1. Step Up Right
2. Step Up Left
3. Jump Up
4. Hydrant Reach (right)
5. Hydrant Reach (left)
6. Mountain Climber
7. V-Up
8. Bicycle
9. Kettle Bell Plank Lift (right)
10. Kettle Bell Plank Lift (left)
11. Russian Kick

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! This is my workout for today along with your 16 min HIIT: full body fit and flex workout. I did the first workout which was your workout your abs and glutes at home 2 rounds and then 1 round of the 16 min HIIT. WHOOOOOO!!! Can you say SWEAT!!! Thanks for the workout Melissa! Have a FAB day!!

    ReplyDelete